Explore Alice Holt Forest near Farnborough
At Alice Holt Forest forest, you’ll find:
- Plenty of walking trails, so you can explore the depths of the forest while getting those steps in! There is an Easy Access Trail which is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs and has an optional shortcut or the Nordic Trail for those who want a challenge!
- Gruffalo Sculptures trail – If you venture into the deep dark wood you may bump into the Gruffalo and other Characters from Julia Donaldson’s fantastic story! Each sculpture has been carved in a different position completely unique to Alice Holt Forest.
- Habitat Trail is an exciting children’s route that features amazing wooden play sculptures. Journey further into the forest and you and your family will be greeted by an amazing array of forest creatures.
- Test your navigation skill around the woods! Why not try your hand at orienteering, a map reading challenge for all levels. Choose from one of the suggested routes or choose your own combination of controls.
- Lodge Pond Trail is a very attractive route that takes you into the heart of the forest. This is an excellent trail for all the family as it offers both the excitement of pay areas and the serenity of the peaceful woodland.
- Lots of cycling and mountain biking trails – this is a fun way of getting the kids active and learning about the park
- Areas for picnics, where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery
- Go Ape! Treetop Challenges, where you can unleash your competitive spirit!
How far is the forest from Holiday Inn Farnborough?
It’s only a 20-minute drive from the hotel to the forest.
You can also take the number 18 bus between Aldershot and Haslemere and get off at the shop after the petrol station in Bucks Horn Oak.
Book your hotel near Alice Holt Forest
Whether you’re planning a family trip down to Farnborough or you simply fancy some time catching up with loved ones, we’ve got a range of affordable hotel rooms, including family rooms so there’s space for everyone.